Share on facebook

Mexico Wedding Requirements

Couple must arrive 4 days prior to Wedding Date

  • The original & a copy of their passports
  • Tourist Card / Visa (provides upon entry to Mexico at the airport)
  • Groom & Bride Certified (Apostille) Birth Certificate (Apostille: USA by the Secretary of the State, CANADA by Mexican Embassy or Consulate & Europe by a Solicitor).
  • Proof of Blood Test: If carried out in the US , Canada or Europe , documents must be dated within 15 days and certified by a local doctor as required by the Civil Ministry. (Requirements for blood test are: R&H factor, blood type and HIV test). Blood test may be obtained at a local laboratory at the approx. cost of $ 90.00 US per couple and certified by the doctor in Mexico $ 50 USD per person (these prices may be subject to change without prior notice).
  • Four witnesses are required by law (close relatives such as parents, brothers or sisters are not eligible) they must arrive 3 days before the wedding date. If witnesses are not Mexican citizens, they must provide a copy of their passport and their tourist card. If necessary we can provide the witnesses at no cost.
  • In case of previous marriage divorce decree/death certificate with Apostille Seal translated into Spanish by an official translator
  • These documents should be given to the Justice of the Peace, 2 working days before the wedding (Civil Registry Office open from Monday to Friday).
  • We will make the reservation for the Justice of the peace as soon as you confirm the wedding date and time of the ceremony.

The Civil Ceremony is the only marriage that changes your marital status from single to married. The Matrimonio Civil is performed by the Registro Civil. The justices perform these marriages in the Judges office or at the wedding site. The "Acta de Matrimonio" (marriage certificate) is recognized by the government of Mexico and most countries.

The Religious Ceremony is performed by a local minister on site or by a Catholic priest in the beautiful beach chapel. The religious ceremony does not change your marital status. You may want to get married by a Justice of the Peace in your country of origin.